Tom Ritchey has been riding off-road and riding far—and designing products for such adventures—decades before anyone thought to call it "gravel riding" or "bikepacking." His real-life experiences directly inform every product made by Ritchey—such as the beloved VentureMax handlebar. With its short reach, shallow drop, and purposeful flare, the original VentureMax offers comfort and confidence to legions of riders looking to settle in and have some fun on those dirty drop bar adventures.
Bikepacking adventures demand components that deliver unmatched comfort, practical features, and logical design. Taking the idea of the original Comp VentureMax to the next level, or rather width, the Comp VentureMax XL features all of the goodness of the original bar but widens it way up to a full 52cm. Appealing especially to the bikepacking community, the Comp VentureMax XL offers ergonomic tops for a more comfortable hand position, and the wider grip ensures more off-road control and stability when fully-loaded. Plus, there is plenty of real estate on either side of the stem for mounting accessories and bags. Additionally, the Comp VentureMax XL also features a 4.6° back sweep, aero-shaped 38x22.5mm tops, and drilling for a Shimano EW-RS910 junction box.
While the 52cm Comp VentureMax XL boasts a number of attributes including multiple hand positions, it's the return of the Bio-bend in the drop adds yet another design element that is practical and comfortable for whatever surface you choose to ride upon and for however long your adventure endures.
- Broad, 52cm width offers plenty of space for mounting accessories and bags
- The flattened 38x22.5mm top section provides a comfortable area for resting hands
- Width is measured at the initial bend rather than at the hood
- Material: double-butted 6061 alloy
- Bend style: bio-bend
- Top style: ergonomic
- Width: 520mm
- Drop: 102mm
- Reach: 75mm
- Drop flare: 24-degree
- Flare out: 6-degree
- Back sweep: 4.6-degree
- Clamp diameter: 31.8mm
- Accessory mount diameter: 31.8mm
- Compatible with Shimano EW-RS910 junction box
- Clip-on compatibility: yes
- Other features: drilled at bar end for Shimano Di2 EW-RS910 junction box routing, C260 compatible
- Weight: 350g
|31.8mm / BB Black / 52cm||796941308915||30335317091||210000035438|