Remember those great Belleri Porteur bars from France? Of course Belleri is long out of business, but those handlebars are still sought-after. So, Velo-Orange decided to make their own Porteur bars. They are 480mm wide; reach is 140mm. The grip area is about 130mm, and they have about 15mm of rise or drop. The clamp area is 25.4mm. The quality and polishing are very nice. The transition from the grip to the curve on the originals was a bit abrupt; The Velo-Orange version has a gentler transition. The curves on both versions are fuller and, we think, prettier than the somewhat similar Champs Elysées bars used on the old Herse bikes. These bars are available in two tubing diameters, 23.8mm road-sized and 22.2mm mountain bike-sized (clamp area is 25.4mm on both): - 22.2mm diameter (MTB-size) bars accept MTB brake levers and clamp-on shifters. They do not work with bar-end shifters. The only inverse levers that work are Dia Compe levers in the 22.2mm size. - 23.8mm diameter (road-size) bars accept standard inverse brake levers, standard bar end shifters, and 23.8mm city brake levers. In short, anything made for road bars fits. They do not accept MTB levers or shifters.
If variety is the spice of life, then the Moloko bar oozes umami at every bend. It offers a multitude of hand positions to keep you comfortable and in control over the course of a long day riding over varied terrain. It also has plenty of spots to mount your various accessories. Dangle a handlebar bag from it, strap some lights to it, throw a GPS on it (if that's your thing), and ride all day. It comes in a standard width of 735mm but if 685mm is more your style, don't you worry. Surly added cut marks so you can easily make it so. - Material: CroMoly steel - Clamp diameter: 31.8mm - Width: 735mm; Cut marks for 685mm - Rise: 0 - Sweep Angle: 34 degrees - Weight: 709g - Color: E.D. coated Black
For a more upright position, install Soma's Clarence Handlebar. It's made of aluminum, features a comfortable backsweep, and will look great on your town bike!
- Inspired by old Italian Cafe Racers and clubman bars, adds interest to any bike - CrMo-plated Tange steel - Clamp diamater: 25.4mm - Rise: 5 deg - Width: 22.8" (579mm) - Up/back sweep: 15 deg
Soma's Condorina Handlebar replicates the Italian cafe racer bar. It's made of steel, features a comfortable backsweep, and will look great on your town bike!
- Multi-position three piece welded Chromoly bar with chrome plating - 455mm wide (at welds) - Clamp diamater: 31.8mm - Rise: 0.39" (10mm) - Width: 25.6" (650mm) c-c
- While aluminum and carbon pursuit bars don't last, this bar is pure steel - 66mm drop
Soma's El Toro Steel Pursuit Handlebar is strong like bull. It sports extensions that are great for sprinting and is made of steel. It will look great on your town bike!
- Extra wide 6061 aluminum with tons of sweep - Forward offset to negate the sweep's stem shortening effect - Sweep: 15 degrees
$49.90 - $53.90
- Shot-peened tange aluminum that makes for a great narrowish touring/townie bar - Compatible with MTB grips and shifters - Can be used flipped as a riser bar or down for a less upright position
- 6061-T6 shot-peened aluminum handlebar that offers multiple hand positions for comfortable riding
$45.90 - $53.90
- Tange aluminum assures strength and dependability - Stiff enough for track sprints and cool enough for urban machines
$24.00 - $34.00
- Pursuit style Bullhorn handlebar - 6061-T6 Tubular alloy construction - Textured grip surface - 19.7 mm Inner diameter for bar end brake/shift - EN Road Safety Certification
Origin-8 understands that a bike is sometimes about more than utility — it's rolling art. Their Citi Classic handlebar mixes style and function in it's swoopy 6061-aluminum shape. With a heads-up 50mm rise and wrist-friendly sweep, it's comfortable to pedal, and beautiful to behold.
- Versatile urban or touring bar - Flattened center section provides an additional ergonomic hand position - Bar can be installed in a rise or drop position - AL6061-T6 tubular alloy construction - Laser etched graphics - ISO-City safety certified
$120.00 - $315.00
We're not allowed to sell Jones products online, and we're not allowed to ship Jones bars unless they're part of a more complete bike. But you can check our inventory here. Give us a shout if you want to place an order. The Loop H-Bar has the same hand, stem and brake lever position as the original H-Bar but the cross bar sweeps forward to allow the levers to go behind the cross bar instead of in front. This gives longer uninterrupted hand positions and will allow trigger and grip/twist shifters to fit on the rearward extensions (unlike the original H-Bar and the Cut H-Bar). The continuous front loop of the bar enhances stiffness and is good for additional aero hand positions and mounting lights, GPS devices etc. This bar provides comfort and power with an impressive weight. With the levers in the optimum position the rider is superbly placed for fast riding while still enjoying all the hand positions available. The rearward extensions allow extra leverage and a wider hand position - be it for comfort or power. All H-bars are for a 31.8 stem and the cross tube is now tapered and butted with a 31.8 mm clamp area. The grip tubes on the aluminum version are also butted for strength, and weight savings. A common question about the Loop H-bars is whether they work with barend shifters. The short answer is yes, but we don't like to put them in the ends of the bars for a couple of reasons: putting the shifters in the ends of the bars it puts them in a position where they are likely to hit parked cars or trees, as well as moving them farther from the other controls and the main hand positions. Finally, the grips would need to be modified significantly to accept the cable housing, or the bars would need to be wrapped with bartape, which won't give you quite as much padding as the ESI grips that we have made for the bars. When we use barend shifters, we mount them on the Paul Thumbies, which have hinged clamps that allow you to mount the shifters in front of the crossbar. They work great! Great for; Mountain bikes and road bikes, Fat Bikes, Touring, Bikepacking Adventures, Singlespeeds, City Riding and more! Compatible with; Trigger shifters, Gripshift, Shimano twist shifters, Rohloff, (hinged) thumb-shifters and Singlespeeds.
Page 1 of 1