Using a Surly Ghost Grappler frame as our base we built up a custom singletrack-ripping flat bar take on the Ghost Grappler.
The Ghost Grappler is Surly's steel bikepacking trail bike. With mountain geo designed around a comfortable, confident position, it's lively and responsive on single track, double track, and other degraded surfaces. Ready to haul essential gear for all-day dirt rides and quick bikepacking excursions, captured thru-axles front and rear provide ideal stiffness and handling. Built around 27.5" wheels and compatible with internally geared hub and single-speed setups, Surly's tried-and-true Gnot-Boost spacing allows riders to run 142mm or 148mm rear hubs.
- 100% Surly Chromoly steel frame and fork, featuring Surly's proprietary 'Natch tubing, double-butted main triangle, 1-1/8" headtube, non-suspension corrected.
- Horizontal-slotted dropout, Surly Gnot-Boost spacing.
- Seat stay mounted bottle bosses on all sizes except XS, plus three-pack mounts at the top and bottom of the down tube and stealth dropper post routing.
- E.D. coated frame for increased life expectancy.
- 27.5 x 2.8" tire clearance (with or without fenders).
|Seat Tube Length (mm)||488|
|Top Tube Length (Effective) (mm)||640|
|Head Tube Angle||69.5°|
|Seat Tube Angle||73.0°|
|BB Drop (mm)||50|
|Chainstay Length (mm)||425|
|Standover Height (mm)||830|
|Head Tube Length (mm)||220|
|Fork Length (mm)||420|
|Fork Rake (mm)||50|
|Stem Length (mm)||60|
|Handlebar Width (mm)||785|
|Crank Length (mm)||165|