Gevenalle's HOUP (Halo Of Ultimate Protection) turns your road cassette into a cyclocross cassette in one fell swoop. By removing the smallest cog on your cassette (you probably don't use it in races anyway) and placing the precision-machined spacer behind the largest cog, you can tighten up your shifting and keep your chain from gouging your spokes if and when the chain drops off the largest cog toward the inside. It makes your cassette lighter and more resilient while giving your peace of mind during races.
If you want to go one step further in lightening the cassette, choose the titanium upgrade option, which includes the spacer, lockring, and a three-cog spider featuring titanium cogs to replace the largest three cogs in your cassette.
- 10 and 11-speed versions available
- 10-Speed Version compatible with Shimano 5700 and 6700 cassettes
- 11-Speed version compatible with Shimano 5800 and 6800 cassettes
- Includes aluminum lockring to accommodate either 12T or 13T cog
- Titanium options includes replacement 3-cog spider with titanium cogs - 10-Speed: 21-24-27T, 11-Speed: 23-25-28
1. Remove cassette lockring and cassette from rear wheel.
2. Place HOUP spacer onto freehub body. Note: install the HOUP in addition to any thin shims you may already have installed behind your cassette to avoid having to readjust your derailleur.
3. Install HOUP Titanium 3-cog spider or original spider and the rest of the cassette, leaving the smallest cog off.
4. Install HOUP lockring and tighten normally.
5. Enjoy your lighter, more streamlined cassette and say good bye to chain-wrecked wheels and destroyed rear derailleurs