- How does One Install a belt on the Second Generation (V2) of the Soma Wolverine Frame?
- This version of the Wolverine Soma Frame (V2) comes with what's called a Split Seatstay Design. This allows you to easily install / replace a Gates Belt by unbolting the right seatstay and then sliding the belt through the gap. (see detail pic below)
- What are the best style of Brakes to use with the Soma Wolverine?
- The best option are brakes that have 160mm rotors (for great stopping power) and that fit international standard mounts that are specced on the Wolverine.
- I want to build up the Wolverine, wwhat are the specs I need in order to get the right components?
- Front derailleur clamp: 28.6mm
Rear hub spacing: 135mm
Seat Collar: 29.8mm to 30mm (NOT INCLUDED W FRAME)
Headset: 1-1/8" external cup (SHIS: EC34/28.6 | EC34/30)
Bottom Bracket Shell: 68mm wide, English Threaded
Brake Compatibility: 160mm rotors, International Standard Disc mounts
Chainstay length range: 425-440mm (Soma Fabrications strongly recommend you avoid placing wheel in the Very back of dropout- bad things happen)
Water bottle bosses: 2 sets of mounts
- What is the recommended Carbon Drive Setup for the Soma Wolverine
- For the Alfine 8 spd hub, we recommend 46t front, 24t rear, and 115 length belt, with the dropout set at 440mm from the center of the BB axle. We recommend the new Center-Track system. Please note: Shimano Alfine Di2 does not fit on the Wolverine due to the Di2's Belt line is not compatible with the Soma Wolverine.
For the Rohloff hubs (compatible with this Split-seatstay design): For a gravel Grinder setup we love setting it up with a 55t in Front x 19t in back with a 115 Belt; 440.19 chainstay setting is a great starting point. For touring or adventure /trail use, use a smaller front ring.
For Single Speed setups: 46t in front x 26t in back x 115 belt and set the chainstay to 435.19mm
We strongly recommend you use the Gates Drive Calculator to figure out your gearing - it is a real help. We recommend starting with 430mm as a chainstay length. This will help you get a useful belt length when you plug in your preferred f