Top: Soma Saga Touring Frameset, $449 ($389 if purchased as part of a custom build)
Complete build: Shown above is The Joey, a complete touring bike with components and accessories hand-picked by a Joe Bike mechanic who is a fanatical bike tourer. You, too, can get a Joey.
A Tange Prestige heat-treated CrMoly touring frame to take you to places far and wide. Built stoutly, because no one wants to experience a breakdown on the Alti Plano. Extra long chainstays help keep your panniers out of the way of your pedaling. Taller headtube for a comfortable all day riding position.
Specially specced Tange Prestige heat-treated CrMo tubing; 31.8mm butted downtube and top tube for a stiffer front triangle. Bombproof headtube is nearly impossible to ovalize.
• Rear load bias touring geometry (rides best with a load in the rear or with a load in the front AND the rear)
• Sold as a frame/fork set. Matching flat crown fork has double eyelets at the dropouts and low rider pannier mounts.
• Spoke holder, pump peg, flat chainstay plate(fits double kickstands), three sets of bottle bosses.
• Compatible with downtube shifters
• 56cm and larger use 700c tires. 54cm size and smaller will be made for 26” tires.
• Max tire fit: 700x47c or 26×2.1\”
• 1-1/8\” size headtube – w/ extra extension so you need fewer spacers
• 27.2mm post size
Weight: 4.9 lbs. (frame only)
Paint: Navy powdercoat