As many of you know, Joe Bike stocks only disc-brake bikes as a rule. To this rule we make one exception from time to time, and that's for the Soma Buena Vista, a beautiful example of a classic mixte and a perennial staff favorite.
This build includes a triple drivetrain, making it ideal for riders who'll be hauling their work gear or groceries up hills, of if they're towing a trailer.
Cork grips, comfortable but not stodgy saddle. Easily accepts front and rear racks/baskets, fenders, and a kickstand. Want a complete dynamo lighting/charging system? Not a problem.
Note that the 50 cm bike comes with 650b wheels, which are a better fit for smaller frames and eliminate toe overlap. The 54 cm comes with 700c wheels.
- True mixte frame with twin top tubes
- Sport-touring geometry, ideal for commuting
- Lugged crown fork included
- Removable decals
- Butted Tange Infinity CrMo
- Horizontal dropouts
- Rack and fender eyelets, front low rider pannier mounts, front mini-rack mounts, water-bottle mounts