Soma’s Buena Vista mixte is elegant, light, and meticulously constructed of high-quality Tange Infinity heat-treated chromoly steel. Its lateral stiffness makes it nice for sport touring, but it’s also an ideal stylish but quick commuter. This is a spry yet silky ride that just makes you feel graceful and energized. The frameset and complete builds are available by special order only. Available in white or gold. We can custom-build you the bikes in the photos for about $1300-1500.
Built to accept fenders, racks, and bottle cages. You can use an internal or external gearing.
Frameset only: $479; . US shipping: about $65, insured.
For more info, please get in touch.
Here’s Soma’s descrition of the Buena Vista.
A true mixte frame with the double top tube/stays. Obviously offers lots of standover height and style as well. You’ll find the geometry is more sporty than stodgy, though it can be built up into a more upright sort of ride. Drop bars? Sure. Moustache bars? Of course.
- Tange Infinity heat-treated CrMo steel main tubes
- Sport touring geometry
- Horizontal dropouts
- 132.5mm hub spacing to fit either road or MTB hubs
- Matching sloping-crown CrMo steel fork included. Features low-rider pannier mounts.
- Rack and fender eyelets
- 1-1/8″ size headtube
- 27.2mm seatpost size
- 42, 50, 54, 58cm (Center to top of seat collar)
- 50-58cm models use 700c wheels and 57mm reach brakes. Max. tire width with thoses brakes: 33c(28c with fenders)If you must have wider tires, consider a 650b build, then you could fit 38c with fenders. – 42cm model uses 26″ wheels and 73mm reach brakes (like Tektro 556 or Rivendell Silvers) Max. tire width: 1.5″ with fenders
- Frame/fork weight: 5.0 lbs.
- Colors: Bacardi White or Old Gold. The green Buena Vista shown below was powdercoated at a customer’s request.